Search This Blog

Friday, August 9, 2013

I'm Back! And so are YOU!

Haha, I'm sorry it has been so long since I have posted anything but I cannot sleep and I decided to post on my other blog, linked to this account, and saw how many views this blog has gotten!!! Over 700!! I am so excited. Is that weird?

Well, the title is not just about my return to the blog, it is about your return to school. Whether you are just starting out at college for your first time or this isn't your first time at the rodeo. School is back. I know this due to the fact that I work at OfficeMax and everyone and their uncle's cat's mom is there.

So it brings to my attention that people need to start getting ready with school supplies. Well, since last year or two years ago that I posted about what should be in your backpack, things have changed.

Obviously you need writing utensils. Come on now. Even if you're taking notes on a device, you have to do homework somehow. Pens of many different colors, pencils, highlighters, Sharpies, erasers, the works.

Planners. I cannot stress how important a planner is! They sell the academic calendars nearly every where (July to June). They are made for you to have tons of writing space. Some people can do the iCalendar thing, I cannot. I have to actually write it down to ensure I remember. The best thing I do on the first day of school is to get every syllabus I have together and all of the important dates (tests, quizzes, projects, papers, etc.) and write them down and of course you cannot forget the holidays.

Some people are a pen and paper kind of person and some are not. I love writing stuff down, because I love my handwriting, but my hand tends to cramp up and I cannot keep up. Though, I can type pretty fast. I hate carrying around my 17" laptop because it is so heavy and if that's the size you got this year, I feel very bad for you. I never suggest a 17" laptop to anyone that is going to take it ANYWHERE. Not even to Starbucks. No. I recently got an iPad, for school and to write my book. An iPad is great. You can buy a keyboard case for it, mine is from OfficeMax (of course) it's pink and an iHome, so the brand is reliable. For the guys, they have black. I have a word processor on here and it is so light-weight and portable. It's like a little chihuahua that you stick in your purse. The battery life goes for weeks! Who doesn't love that?! Of course you can use any type of tablet, but anything under $150 is not worth your money.

Get yourself a roomy backpack or massive purse. I just use my purse since all I have in it during school are the necessary girl things, an umbrella (in case it rains,) my wallet, cellphone charger, headphones, planner, pens, iPad and maybe a notebook for certain classes. But look at my backpack post. That has it all.

Although it is a bit late to be telling you this, save your money and have some "Oh Shit" money. Like, "Oh shit, I haven't been working and I need - gas, food, electricity, car repairs, that cute pair of shoes, or alcohol." something like that. That has ALWAYS been my problem. I cannot save my money to save my life. But when you drive an old car like I do, repairs happen quite often.

If you feel like I have left anything out, COMMENT! It is only 3 AM, so I'm sure I left out quite a bit.

GOODNIGHT and GOOD LUCK

No comments:

Post a Comment