Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Rommates

Can't live with them, can't live without them.
It is really a case by case thing. One of my friends had the most unlikely roommate. Everyone thought they were going to clash so bad. But turns out, they were the perfect roommates. But for some, I don't know what goes through the peoples heads that do the roommate matching. My first roommate was awesome and she was clean and not annoying. The only thing was that she went to bed way earlier than I did and got up earlier than I did. My friend, who became my second roommate, didn't really get along with her. She was messy and never cleaned up, actually was never even there. It wouldn't have been that bad, if she had just kept her side clean. So my second roommate and I thought it would be a great idea for us to room together. Most, if not all schools, allow room switches. Which is what we did. My first roommate didn't have a problem with it at all and worked out really well.

But of course, no matter how good of friends you are, problems will come with it. My roommate and I were so alike and go along very well. Went to sleep at the same times and woke up the same times. We even went home together on breaks and her family would come pick her up from my town. She had a boyfriend, that was very sweet and would come visit and I had no problem with at all. But when there is a boyfriend, there are phone calls and fights at night. Although I did not mind giving her advice and was there for her when things went wrong, but late night phone calls suck. I love my roommate to death though. We have hung out during the summer and are planning trips to go back to Austin to visit our friends. We have made friends for life and I couldn't have asked for a better roommate. But no one is a perfect roommate.

Sometimes your roommate will just not care and "hook-up" with someone in the bed right next to you. Awesome, right? Probably not, my advice if that happens is to put in head phones, turn the other way and think happy thoughts, lol. My friend told her roommate the first day they moved in that no hooking up was allowed and they both agreed. That did not work so well and they both broke the agreement. But no harm was done and jokes were played on each other, lol. Maybe you can have some fun with it.

Then some roommates suck. Another friend of mine was so angry that she had the roommate she had. She was mature and just ignored her and told her self it's just this year. This girl was something else and I felt so bad for her one night, I let her stay in my room. This girl had brought home a guy that STUNK. It smelled from the hallway and I was just like omg, get your blanket and phone charger and come to my room. Turned out that we had a Legally Blonde night, sometimes things work out. Some roommates complain to no end, some are super dirty and stinky. Some are just plain annoying. You get the luck of the draw when it comes to roommates if you don't request for one.

First, just try to work things out. Maybe it will work, maybe it won't. Most of us from my hall made friends for life and we will never forget our freshmen year of college.

Peace and Love
Always and Forever

Marina - Your go-to-girl for college advice

No comments:

Post a Comment